PCMI is your link to the PCM industry. You can get more from your investment in PCMI if you serve on a committee. PCMI is seeking volunteers to join current committee members in their work to expand and improve the Institute’s conferences, educational programs, and membership roster and technology services.
As a committee volunteer you help the Institute, make sure your company interests are heard and have more opportunities to network with your colleagues.
PCMI board and committee members set policy, manage educational and technical initiatives, plan conferences, develop membership recruitment and retention campaigns and help evolve the Institute’s website.
You may volunteer to serve yourself or you can nominate someone else from your company to serve. Each committee determines how often they meet by conference call. The attached page outlines the duties and responsibilities for the board and for each committee.
Board of Directors
Board members are responsible for ensuring that PCMI stays on track in meeting the organization’s mission, services, policies and programs. Board members have a fiduciary responsibility to review and approve the association’s budget and financial strategy.
- Board members approve major policies, serve on committees, take on special assignments and promote the Institute to others in the PCM industry.
- Board members are elected by the membership at the spring conference and serve two-year terms.
- Board members meet at least twice each year, for a full day prior to the start of the international bi-annual conference. Board members also help with PCMI recruitment and retention.
PCMI conducts two international technical conferences each year. The PCMI Conference Committee:
- Takes responsibility for the development of the program agenda, the number and content of the technical sessions and for identifying potential speakers.
- Plans pre- and/or post-conference programs, tours and social activities.
- Monitors existing PCMI conference policies and procedures.
The PCMI Education Committee is responsible for determining the membership’s educational needs and implementing programs to meet those specific needs.
In 2016 the Education Committee developed an Introduction to PCM Presentation that will be used to promote the technology at colleges and universities. The Committee:
- Completed the Introductory PCM Presentation developed and presented by Emeritus Professor David Allen.
- Developed collateral materials for educators in the classroom as a lecture to teach students about the photochemical etching process.
- Developed a database of educators from around the world who should receive the PCM Education Package.
- Developed a marketing plan to promote the PCM Education Package to colleges and universities.
PCMI is committed to a strong and robust membership. The PCMI Membership Committee is continually working to grow the Institute. The Membership Committee:
- Develops strategic plans for recruitment and retention.
- Actively recruits new members.
- Participates in the creation of membership promotion materials.
Information and Technology Committee
The Information and Technology Committee evaluates and recommends strategies, plans and policies for the development of technology projects that would benefit the membership.
The specific elements of the committee’s recent efforts included the development of an animated video, which was placed on the PCMI website and is used by members to educate prospective customers, engineering students at colleges, universities or technical institutes and viewers about the photo chemical machining (pcm) process.
The PCMI Information and Technology Committee also evaluates the website to ensure it enhances PCMI, can be used by members to network with colleagues, promote their business, learn about the industry, register for conferences, order technical documents and obtain information that will help with their own business development.
PCMI Committees meet by video conference call. Each Committee determines the number and time for each call, but members should expect to participate in 4 or 5 calls each year.
The PCMI Management team coordinates the video conference calls.
Click here to download the PCMI Committee Flyer and Nomination Form.